It’s that time of the semester — registration! Today marks the final week of registration advising and major/minor pre-registration. Please make a note of the important dates below in order to successfully build your Fall 2013 course schedule.
- Those with declared majors and/or minors will be advised and registered for classes within the major/minor department between March 18-29th.
We highly encourage you to make an appointment with your student advisor, especially if you are an underclassman. Student advisors are unique from academic advisors in that they are able to provide you with a student’s perspective. Often they will have suggestions about what courses to take for certain majors, insight on professors in different departments, and are equipped to answer any and all of your questions.
- April 1-4th: Round one of registration
- Seniors: Monday, April 1st
- Juniors: Tuesday, April 2nd
- Sophomores: Wednesday, April 3rd
- Freshman: Thursday, April 4th
- April 8-11th: Round two of registration
- Seniors: Monday, April 8th
- Juniors: Tuesday, April 9th
- Sophomores: Wednesday, April 10th
- Freshman: Thursday, April 11th
Remember that registration for non-major/minor courses and for students who have not yet declared a major occurs in two rounds. Registration continues through June 30th.
Some last-minute tips:
- Don’t wait until the last minute to register for classes. Classes fill up quickly, so use your allotted appointment time wisely.
- Make a back-up schedule. It’s rare that you will get all of your first choice courses. Have a few back-up choices in mind in case all of your intended courses are full.
- Use your resources. Student and academic advisors are here to help you. Make an appointment today and go over your plan of action with them.
For more registration tips, check out our past registration articles, including recent post, “Registration Tips from a Student Advisor.”