To help cope with the pressures of midterm week, we’re re-blogging the best test-taking tips from our friends at the Wake Forest Campus Life Blog. Follow these, relax, and remember… only three days ’til Fall Break! You can do it!
- Develop a quick time management plan. You don’t want to spend all your time on one problem or question and lose the opportunity to answer others.
- Don’t get stuck on questions you are unsure of; move on and come back to them later.
- Answer a few of the easier questions first to build confidence, then move on to more difficult questions.
- Don’t pay attention to what other students in the class are doing or how they seem to be handling the test. Just focus on what you are doing.
- When you are done, proofread the test and double check your answers.
- When you turn in the test and leave the room, forget about the test for a while. You’ll get it back soon enough and in the meantime, you can’t change things! Go for a walk or watch an episode of your favorite show and relax for a little while before starting another assignment. The short break will help you clear your mind and make you more focused.
- Unhappy with the results? Use those feelings to develop a better plan for the next test.
For now, take a deep breath. You’ve got this!