Whether you are a freshman or a senior, studying abroad is an exciting opportunity of which to take advantage during your undergraduate career. There are so many different locations and programs to choose from, ranging from four weeks in the summer to full-year programs. But before you can pack your bag and jet set around the world, here are the important steps to maximize your study abroad experience:
- Attend a Study Abroad Information Session which are held on alternating Wednesdays and Thursdays at 4:00 PM in Kirby 103.
- Research Program Opportunities on your own and with the help of a study abroad advisor. Think about when, where, and what you want to study.
- Meet with a Study Abroad Advisor to discuss your options and make a plan.
- Apply online whether you are choosing a Wake Forest program or another university. Affiliate programs required a separate application in addition to the one required by the Center for International Studies.
- Check your homepage regularly for updated information and acceptance status.
- Confirm Participation to commit to the program.
- Complete Acceptance Materials and Course Approvals such as health forms, liability forms, etc. These forms will be listed on your personal study abroad homepage.
- Attend pre-departure orientation. This orientation is mandatory for all students going abroad.
- Bon voyage!